Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister


Author: C. Allyn Pierson
Genre: Romance, life
Series: It’s a sequel to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: !!!!!
Time period: 1800’s
My overall opinion: I enjoyed this one vastly more than Emma & Knightley, since they’re sorta the same kind of book. This sequel was very fun! There was no excessive detail of a bad sort – very nice. It was really fun! Overall, well written and accurate to the original book. It was fun to meet all those characters again, and get to know some better! Oh, and one thing that totally won me over to this book? When a character from “Scarlet Pimpernel” by Baroness Emmuska Orczy (a favorite book and author) made an appearance! Delightful. If you’re looking for a fun P&P sequel, definitely try this book – it’s great.

4 comments:

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

A character from the Scarlet Pimpernel?! I might have to look this book up! I don't normally read sequels to Austen but now you have piqued my interest!

Analiese said...

Cool! :) I'm reading the Scarlet Pimpernel right now. And I really enjoyed this book - I have always liked Georgiana Darcy.

Katelyn said...

A guest appearance of a "Scarlet Pimpernel" character?!?! I must read this book now. Thanks for getting me excited!

Melody said...

I was wondering if this book was any good! I always want more Story about Georgiana. :) I'll have to keep this one in mind.