Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Movie: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


 My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Main characters: Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, Aslan, White Witch, Tumnus the Faun, the Beavers
Genre: Adventure, fantasy
Series or set: The Chronicles of Narnia
Number in series: 2nd in the book series, first in the movie series
Primary actors: William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley
Based on: The book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
Time period: 1940's, fantasy
Exciting events: Giant battle, Edmund's capture, near escape from wolves
Quote(s): Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helping, haven't you? Mr. Beaver: Well, you never know which meals gonna be your last. Especially with you.

Susan: The professor knew we were coming. Edmund: Perhaps we were incorrectly labeled.

White Witch: I can make you anything you like. Edmund: Can you make me taller?

Professor Kirke: What do they teach in schools these days?

White Witch: Tell me Edmund. Are your sisters deaf? Edmund: No. White Witch: And your brother, is he unintelligent? Edmund: Well, I think so. But Mum says--- White Witch: Then how dare you come alone?
Year it came out: 2005
My overall opinion:  

12/16/10 -- A great movie, one of my favorites. I recommend it to anyone! 

11/20/12 -- What an amazing movie. It's family friendly and follows the book closely, getting all the best details (IMHO). It always amazes me when I come back to watch this how young the kids all are! I've grown used to them in PC and VDT. The story is exciting and riveting (AND family friendly -- though younger kids might be a bit scared). Lucy especially is perfect. I still highly recommend it!







1 comment:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Lucy is so perfect I could cry whenever she's onscreen. Edmund's always been my favorite, and I did like his portrayal in these movies too. But Lucy... perfection.