Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Starflower



 
Author: Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Genre: Fantasy, adventure

Series: Tales of Goldstone Wood
Number in series: Technically I believe it’s the 4th book. But it’s actually history that can be read before the other three, and it can stand alone. 

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 348

Time period: Fantasy

My overall opinion: I’ve gotta admit that I didn’t know what to expect when I saw it was categorized as “Christian fantasy.” I mean, obviously Narnia would probably be Christian fantasy…but this didn’t look at all like Narnia! Well, it was definitely different…and also definitely Christian fantasy. There were distinct parallels to Jesus. 

Starflower really was wonderful fantasy! I was a little confused a few times, but after a few more chapters, it always made sense. The characters were delightful and highly colorful…you’re sure to enjoy them. 

All around, Starflower is a great book and I recommend it to you! If you enjoy fantasy…definitely make sure you try this book. Worth buying!

(Btw, if you do decide to buy it, please do it through the link below! I make a small stipend on everything you buy...so if you're making an Amazon order, think of me and make it through a tab -- I'm willing to make one for any book you want, almost. :)

No comments: