Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cranford



 
Author: Elizabeth Gaskell

Genre: Life, family (well, not really family, but the small town is LIKE a family!), classic

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 (a high 8.5…it was good!)

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: I read it on a Kindle, but the Dover paperback has 144

Time period: 1800’s

My overall opinion: Very good, a delightful read! I admit to being surprised at how much I enjoyed it…cause I really did! It was funny and sweet. I later discovered that the TV series (which I’m currently watching and totally loving) is based on three books, not just this one. They are My Lady Ludlow and Mr Harrison’s Confessions by the same author. I was surprised to find no mention of any Dr. Harrison in Cranford since you also hear about him associated with the TV series! But the three books explain it. Great read, fairly short, and highly entertaining!

2 comments:

Jujube said...

I wish I could enjoy it as much as you do, but honestly, it bored me most of the time. I'd love to give the TV series a try, though.

Charity U said...

Well, I was surprised how much it interested because it seemed like a book that would bore ME! I just finished the TV series last night, also a lot of fun. :)