Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Christmas Pony



 
Author: Melody Carlson

Genre: Life, family

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 169

Time period: 1930’s

My overall opinion: It’s an enjoyable book that I guarantee will put YOU in the Christmas spirit! I know I was all ready for Christmas once I finished it. :) I really enjoyed Melody Carlson’s descriptions of winter…well, not really descriptions. But when I reached the end of the book, I realized that all through it, I had “heard” the snow crunching, felt the cold air, and smelled the Christmas baking…even though I hadn’t really thought about it. This is a sweet and touching story, full of well-drawn characters. The main character, a young girl, was easy to love, and the other characters were bright and real to me. It’s a quick and easy read – took me probably a little over an hour. A good story that I recommend for any age – might even be fun for the whole family to read!

Available Sept 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

**I was sent a free copy of this book by the publishers in return for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are my own. I was not recompensed in any other way for this review. **

No comments: