Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Movie: Voyage of the Dawn Treader


My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Main characters: Edmund, Lucy, Caspian, Eustace, Reepicheep
Genre: Fantasy, adventure
Series or set: Chronicles of Narnia
Number in series: Third.
Primary actors: Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley, Will Poulter
Based on: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by Clive Staples Lewis
Time period: Fantasy, 1940's
Exciting events: Seabattle, Ramandu's Island, the dragon...you get the idea
Year it came out: 2010!
My overall opinion:  

12/12/10 -- Great! The graphics and all are terrific...too scary for anyone...probably under 13. But it was really excellent and I recommend it! 

11/20/12 -- I published the above right after seeing it for the first time in 2010 -- right after it came out. Having seen it...three times (had to think) since then, here are my current thoughts. I love it! Every scene has something exciting and (if you don't know the story) unexpected. There are so many seperate adventures, all seamlessly woven into this book! I really love Lucy and Edmund in here, and Eustace is perfect, exactly what Eustace should be. Eustace Clarence Scrubb. What a name! The deviation from the book...and the green mist especially...ugh. Other than that? Good movie! And I would say about age 12 and under as opposed to 13. 








4 comments:

Marissa said...

hi :) I found you/your blog through Beautiful Blank Pages :)
I like your blog! I look forward to getting to know you!

I love this movie! I agree with everything you said.

much love♥
Samarah

Charity U said...

Hi, Samarah! I'm so glad you found this blog...and I hope you continue to enjoy it! I look forward to getting to know you too.

Angie Gamgee said...

One of my favorite movies, too! I think that Will Poulter makes the perfect Eustace...

Unknown said...

Yeah, that movie was a little intense. But I love those pictures...especially the one of Aslan's face.