Thursday, February 17, 2011

Faith's Reward



Author: Tammy Barley
Genre: Life
Series: The Sierra Chronicles
Number in series: 3rd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 342
Time period: 1800's, Civil War
Main characters: Jess, Jake
Exciting events: Fight in mine! Tell me that's not exciting! And more

Passage from book: Ross was too heavy. Jess looked down, kicked toward his hands. Another chain link slipped past her hands. She couldn't hold on. She felt Abbott's sweaty hands on her arm, trying to pull her from the edge. Just as she glanced up at Abbott, he lost his grip...
My overall opinion: Did that excerpt leave you hanging? It was supposed to. ;) So now you want to read it, of course. I wasn't able to read the first two books first, but this one was definitely very good! Hopefully I'll get to read the others soon. I'll try to do more excerpts...from other books in future reviews.

No comments: