Monday, February 7, 2011

Movie: Two Towers



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Main characters: Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Saruman, Sauron, Gollum, orcs in general
Genre: Adventure, fantasy
Series or set: Lord of the Rings
Number in series: 2nd
Primary actors: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen
Length: Around 3 hours.
Based on: The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien
Time period: Fantasy
Exciting events: Huge battles, mountains, giant trees, more
Year it came out: 2002
My overall opinion: I did not find the violence to be too much or any worse than I was expecting, having read the books several times. However, according to this site, the violence is worse than on most PG-13 movies. Just saying. I enjoyed this one at least as much as I enjoyed "The Fellowship of the Rings" and recommend it highly! A word of warning: read the books a few a times first. :) Great movie! I hope to read the movie guide books and see the last one soon! Oh, and Gollum made an appearance in this one at long last. I (ahem) kind of like him. Sometimes he's quite funny and even a little cute! Totally a CG character, which is amazing.
Okay, now you really think I'm crazy, don't you!

All right, I'll stop. ;)

Please check out my updated review: http://austenitis.blogspot.com/2013/03/movie-two-towers.html

No comments: