Okay, I'm doing something special. That is, it's not a book review, it's not a movie, song, or CD review. It's a tag! I got it from here, where it isn't technically a tag, but a whole blog event! However, since I'm not doing all the questions, I'm not technically participating in the event. But I couldn't pass up some of the questions, so I'll answer them here. If you would like to do this tag, feel free to! I would love to see it on YOUR blog. :) Or, if you're one of my friends who doesn't have a blog, you could just email the answers to me, I'm sure I'd enjoy it! Here we go!
1. Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to: Mmm, interesting. Well, I love Pride and Prejudice's Lizzy Bennet. And Jo March from Little Women. I love Marion from Crimson Roses, and Emma from Emma. Which one am I most similar to? Or do I relate most to? Probably Jo. I admire all of them. :)
2. Share five of your favorite historical novels: Keeper of the Light by Patty Metzer, The Cat of Bubastes by G. A. Henty, Mara, Daughter of the Nile by ????, the A. D. Chronicles series by the Thoenes, and other Henty's. :) It's hard to think of them!
3. Out of those five books, who is your favorite character and why? I really like Kaytra, from Keeper of the Light. She was a unique and interesting main character.
4. What is your favorite time period and culture to read about? The 1800's, England. I'll bet you guessed I'd say that, right?
5. If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent? Oh, that's hard! I would love to be a Jane Austen character, so maybe Lizzy or Emma. But I'm not very like either of them...I should probably be Eleanor from Sense and Sensibility, since I'm most like her.
6. What are your sentiments on the subject of chocolate? I like this question. I LOVE CHOCOLATE. Especially dark chocolate. Maybe...70%, or there about. It's very good. My sentiments...I could eat it all day!
7. Favorite author(s)? So many. Jane Austen (of course!), Louisa May Alcott, Brock and Bodie Thoene, Grace Livingston Hill, L. M. Montgomery, Janette Oke, Louis L'Amour, C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien. many many more. By the way, did you know that Tolkien's initials stand for John Ronald Reuel Tolkien? Interesting. :)
8. As a small, imaginative, red-haired damsel might query: would you rather be divinely beautiful, dazzlingly clever, or angelically good? Why? Oh dear. I've always 1/2 dreaded this question. Each has its pros and cons. Angelically good people can be very boring. And prudish. Beautiful people are sometimes stuck-up. And clever people have the same problem. Hmmm...I think I'd go for dazzlingly clever. That could be very handy.
9. In which century were most of the books you read written? Oh that's hard. Not. The 19th century, definitely.
10. In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is... Mr. Darcy. He's terrible at first, really terrible, but so handsome (in the 1995 movie) and says such quoteable lines. And he proposes while dressed nicely (in the 1995, but not 2005 :(), unlike Mr. Thornton (North and South). I like men to at least be fully and neatly dressed when proposing.
11. Have you ever wanted to change a character's name? Yes. But I can't think of any. I'm not too crazy about Marion's name in Crimson Roses. I guess it's okay. But surely GLH could have thought up something more romantic.
12. In your opinon, the most dastardly villain in all literature is... Mr. Wickham. So silky on the outside, so terrible within.
13. Three favorite non-fiction books? The Triangle Fire by David von Drehle, Triangle by Leon Stein, and I can't remember the other one. :( The books I named are very sad books, but also very interesting. I might post about the Triangle fire on Photographer at Heart sometime. And of course, the Bible is a given. An obvious addition to my list. One so obvious that I didn't even feel like I needed to state it. :)
Did you like these questions? Want to answer some or all? Feel free to do it on your blog! I'd LOVE to see your answers. :) Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me you did it, if I don't follow you yet! Have fun!