Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jules Verne's birthday!


I'm guessing that probably many of you saw today's Google picture. The one that is their logo today. Well, it's up because to today is Jules Verne's 183rd birthday! Imagine, 183! He was born on February 8, 1828 in France to an attroney and his wife. Once he was grown, he married a widow with two daughters, and had at least one son.



Some of you may be thinking "His name is familiar, but where do I know him from?" His best known work is probably 20'000 Leagues Under the Sea. I didn't personally enjoy that book very much. However, he is almost known for A Journey to the Center of the Earth and Around the World in Eighty Days, both of which I like better. Movies have been made of all three of the books I mentioned. However, I haven't seen any of the movies, so I can't recommend them.






He died on March 24, 1905, after writing 54 novels, as well as short stories, plays, poems and essays.

I got my information from Wikipedia, so don't accept it as absolute truth. ;) If you want to read more about him on Wikipedia, click here.

No comments: