Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Ink



Author: Kathi Macias
Genre: Faith
Series: Extreme Devotion series
Number in series: 3rd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 313
Time period: Present
Main characters: Zhen-Li, Maggie, Julia
Exciting events: Kidnapping, beating, more!
My overall opinion: While it hasn't become my favorite book ever, it was a good one. It's several stories in one. It is NOT a children's book. The stories in it are twined together. One is about a Chinese Christian, who is in prison for her faith. One is a young girl heavily involved in drugs and worse things. And one is an older woman in a nursing home. Maggie, the young girl, her story especially is not for kids. While there is nothing really explicit, it's not a book for the young. However, everything ends happily. Each of the three main characters accepts God by the end. Ugh, I'm not happy with how that sounds, but I don't know how to change it. Sorry!

No comments: