Monday, February 21, 2011

The Man From Shadow Ridge



Author: Brock and Bodie Thoene
Genre: Western, adventure
Series: Saga of the Sierras
Number in series: 1st
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 239
Time period: Civil War
Main characters: Jesse, Tom, Emily, Nathan, Byrd Guidett, Mullins
Exciting events: Kidnapping, caves (always exciting. ;)
Passage from book: Down the boys plunged, on a steeply slanted narrow rock path. Here the floor was slick with moisture coming from the nearby underground stream. With no time to pick their way, the boys skidded around corners and slammed into rocks. From behind them they could hear a keening sound: "I'll found 'em for ya. Just you wait here a spell. I'll bring 'em back."
My overall opinion: This was a good one! I really enjoy the Thoenes' writing style. Isn't it funny I'm reading two series at once that have the word "saga" in the series name AND are around the Civil War? Very interesting. This one was very good.

No comments: