Thursday, April 26, 2012

The One Hundred



Author: Nina Garcia
Genre: Fashion, how-to
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Type: Non-fiction
Number of pages: 284
My overall opinion: This is a fashion handbook. It’s for younger women with bottomless purses and no problem with bikinis or immodesty. There are a few mild swear words. However, I enjoyed it, for the most part!  Some of the item that Garcia finds indispensible are definitely things I can do without, like the bikini. She lists the best places to buy each item she names (100 of them, all arranged alphabetically!), and in general, those places sell everything for outrageous prices that no normal girl can afford. Unless she buys nothing else. But it was an interesting book. I don’t recommend buying it, but if your library has it, it’s a fun quick read.

No comments: