Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Given Up For Dead


Author: Flint Whitlock
Genre: Holocaust, World War II
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Non-fiction
Number of pages: 243
Time period: World War II, 1940's
Main characters: Several
Exciting events: Being a POW in Germany during WWII!
My overall opinion: Yet another aspect of World War II that I know (make that "knew") nothing about. It had never entered my mind that there were Prisoners Of War (POW). But when the Germans captured Americans...of course there were! This was an eye-opening book. It includes many pictures on the pages. These prisoners lived in concentration camps. Some of the conditions were good: as in, they played sports. Almost all the sports. There was a list of probably 12! Some of the conditions were terrrible. Not as bad as what the Germans gave the Jews, but coming close to that. All in all, this was a very interesting book (though the print was a bit small) and I recommend it!
Oh, I should mention that there was some swearing. This included God's name and a few other words. A word to the wise. :P

No comments: