Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sean Donovan


(mine has a different cover, but this cover is okay)

Author: Lori Wick
Genre: Romance
Series: The Californians
Number in series: 3rd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages:  269
Time period: 1800's
Main characters: Sean, Charlie
Exciting events: A hanging...almost
Passage from book: The walk up the steps of the scaffold was the longest of Sean's life. He was momentarily surprised to see the judge waiting for him on the platform, but a second later he stepped onto the trapdoor and felt the rope tighten around his neck and all other thoughts vanished. The sun was in Sean's face, and not wishing to see the faces in the crowd, he welcomed the excuse to close his eyes. The noises around him and the feel of the rope as it scraped the tender skin of his neck were all he could take.
My overall opinion: Very exciting and very very good! I really enjoyed this book. I agree with you, Miss Laurie, that this one is one of the best! The story had several extremely exciting and interesting twists and I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it CharityU! I haven't read it in a while but I remember this book being one of my favorites by Lori Wick. Sean Donovan is probably my second favorite because my favorite is 'The Princess' which is just so unique and full of faith and standards and the meaning of true love. Lori Wick is such a good author though, I really enjoy her books!

~Miss Laurie
Old-Fashioned Charm

Angie Gamgee said...

I read this series a year or two ago... and this one was my favorite of that series! :D

Angela