Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Hiding Place


Author: Corrie ten Boom
Genre: Holocaust
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Non-fiction
Number of pages: 241
Time period: Holocaust, 1940's, World War II
Main characters: Corrie, Betsy
Exciting events: Oh my. Yes.
My overall opinion: What a book. Everyone needs to read it. Corrie ten Boom was placed in a prison camp, and went through many horrific experiences. This book is an eye-witness account of the Holocaust and what happened in it.
To those of you have no interest in this time-period, I'm sorry. Do read this book. But what I'm sorry about is that I'm reading so many books about it. I find it riveting and very sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a homeschooled teen too,and discovered your blog while researching the Thoene books, which I am loving. I have a thing for any book set in the 1940s including holocaust and wartime books. The Hiding Place is by far my favorite, I really learned a lot. I had no idea that the underground was so meticulous!