Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sonnet to a Dead Contessa



Author: Gilbert Morris
Genre: Romance, mystery
Series: Lady Trent series
Number in series: 3rd (unfortunately, I didn't read the first two!)
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 305
Time period: 1800's
Main characters: Serafina, Dylan
Exciting events: Murders!
My overall opinion: It was good! I really enjoyed it. There were a few inappropriate things, where a woman made it look like a man had slept with her while he was drugged when he hadn't, but otherwise it was quite clean.

2 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

I've never heard of this series before, it sounds interesting. I've read a few Gilbert Morris, he's good though not my favorite. I'll have to look into this series.

~Miss Laurie
Old-Fashioned Charm

Charity U said...

Yes, I agree about how he's good but not great. :) Actually, my mom read this book after I did. She thought there was too much description on the romance and I think she was probably right. It probably did have more than on the Appomattox Saga series. But you might want to try one anyway. I don't know. :)