Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Atlas of Middle-Earth



Author: Karen Wynn Fonstad
Genre: It's an atlas. Obviously. A book companion...I guess I'll just say atlas.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Non-fiction, or would it be fiction? Because Middle-Earth is fictional, but this book sure doesn't seem that...
Number of pages: 210
My overall opinion: LOVE! I've read a couple of awesome books lately, that I've totally loved, and this was one of them. :) The maps were amazing. It maps everything from the Mines of Moria and Isengard, to where The Hobbit is in relation to The Lord of the Rings. There are maps by language...culture...plant growth. Each map has several accompanying paragraphs, describing and explaining. And the battle maps! Oh. My. Word. Full of arrows, pointing to where who went, and when. This book is worth buying. I have literally spent hours in it. I think it would be very handy to have with me when I read the books! There are location maps, and general maps. It even tells how many hours were traveled per day. Each map is quite detailed and simply amazing. So much research! Wow. A must-read for any LotR fan. :)

No comments: