Tuesday, August 23, 2011

J. R. R. Tolkien Day: The Movies

As many of you know, I'm passionate about some of these. Let's start with the documentaries. I haven't seen any of these, but they're out there.



First, Master of the Rings.

Apparently, there was also a 1968 BBC documentary on Tolkien.

Let's move on. In 2001, The Fellowship of the Ring came out. It was and is very popular. It made over $870 million dollars worldwide.



Next out, in 2002, was Two Towers.


Finally, the final movie came out: The Return of the King.



And now, in two parts coming in 2012 and 2013, The Hobbit is being made.



Prior to the Lord of the Rings movies mentioned above, there were some ones made in comic style. I haven't seen those, though.

So. Now you tell me: which Lord of the Rings movie so far has been your favorite? Are you anticipating The Hobbit?

6 comments:

Jujube said...

I love the LOTR movies! They are all great, so I can't decide which is my favorite from the three. And I am so, so excited for The Hobbit!

Charity U said...

I like either the first or the third best...don't know which. :P

Alyianna said...

I think I would have to say I like ROTK (3rd) the best...and I am DEF looking forward to The Hobbit. My middle name is LOTR :D

Charity U said...

Can't wait for Hobbit!!!! Saw the trailer (finally0 and am terribly excited.

Unbound Reflections said...

I don't know which movie is my favorite, Maybe 'The Return of the King". I've seen all 3 in the extended edition, and I can't wait fr "The Hobbit"

By the Way, You have absolutely the coolest blog!

Charity U said...

Birdie, I've now seen the first and third in extended, and about half of the second...loved it. :) Thanks so much for commenting, and for your kind words! They made me happy. :) I'd love to see you around here again!