Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mr. Darcy's Diary



Author: Amanda Grange
Genre: Journal, romance
Series: Amanda has written numerous other diaries for Jane Austen heroes.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 329
Time period: 1800's
Main characters: Darcy, Elizabeth, Bingley, Caroline Bingley, etc
Exciting events: What you would expect in a Jane Austen
My overall opinion: This one, like the other diaries, is based on a Jane Austen book. Most of you know that it's about Pride and Prejudice. It was well written. I especially enjoyed the end, an extra peek into life after marriage for Darcy and his wife. Nothing sensual. A recommended read!

5 comments:

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

I've been interested in her series of diaries, but I'm always shy of reading sequels and retellings because they're never as good as the actual novels. But if she ever wrote Mr. Tilney's Diary I'd definitely have to check it out. Thanks for this review it's nice to hear that her books are actually good and not indecent at all.

~Miss Laurie

Melody said...

Ah, how did you get ahold of that? I thought you said it wasn't at your library. ;-)

Finished Wentworth! I liked it. :)

Charity U said...

Melody, it wasn't, I had to request it. :) I will read Wentworth or Brandon next.

Miss Laurie, these aren't as good. But then, nobody could be. IMHO. However, these are worth the read. I think Henry Tilney's diary came out this spring/summer...not sure.

Melody said...

Purchase request, is that what you mean? If so, they got it fast. haha

Ohhh! I thought there was no Henry Tilney diary! The one on Amazon says it's coming Dec. 6th.

But I want it now!

I think *I'll* request *that*. As well as an NA sequel I want to read. :)

Charity U said...

Yes, our library is good about being fast, despite being in a town of less than 8,000 people. But they have an annoying 5-year limit...it has to have been published in the last five years. *sigh*

Okay, yeah, Tilney's is probably coming. I really don't know.