Friday, August 5, 2011

Praying for Your Future Husband



Author: Robin Jones Gunn, Tricia Goyer
Genre: Devotional
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Non-fiction
Number of pages: 207
My overall opinion: It was a book that convicted me to pray for him! There was a poem in this book by Ruth Bell Graham that I really liked, and I want to include it here.
Dear God
Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid
(as we're inclined to do)
I do not need a handsome man
But let him be like You;
I do not need one big and strong
Nor yet so very tall,
Nor need he be some genius
Or wealthy, Lord, at all;
But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eye be clear,
His shoulders straight, whate'er his state,
Whate'er his earthly sphere;
And let his face have character,
A ruggedness of soul,
And let his whole life show, dear God,
A singleness of goal;
Then when he comes (as he will come)
With quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago.
Isn't that amazing? She wrote that before she'd even met her future husband, Billy Graham.

No comments: