Monday, August 22, 2011

The Ultimate Book Bash Tag! Post 1!

Hey, everyone!


Are you all ready for the Ultimate Book Bash tag questions? Hopefully you have yours filled out already. :) I'm looking forward to reading your answers! Make sure you leave me a link so I get you put into the wrap-up post!

Now, on to ME answering the questions. :)

1. Name three books you love. As I said before, the Bible is a given. I also love Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy, and Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer. Wow, those three are all very different!



2. Name two books you enjoy, but most people probably haven't heard of. Ummm....Keeper of the Light by Patty Metzer, and Livvie's Song by Sharlene MacLaren. You really need to read both of those. :)

3. Name three series you love. The Love Comes Softly eight book series by Janette Oke, The Chronicles of Narnia seven book series by C. S. Lewis, Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, and the Anne of Green Gables eight book series by L. M. Montgomery. Whoops, four. Sorry, can't narrow it down. **(don't the ones in the picture below make your mouth water? Glossy hard-covers...heaven. :)**



4. Name three authors you love. Jane Austen. Bodie Thoene. Grace Livingston Hill.



5. How about three adventures or mysteries? Once again, I've gotta mention The Scarlet Pimpernel, one of the best mystery/adventures ever. Then Murder on the Oriental Express is a classic Agatha Christie mystery, and then The Lightkeeper's Daugher by Colleen Coble (it was an awesome romance/mystery).



6. Three non-fiction. I just finished enjoying Miracles on the Water by Tom Nagorski. Then Triangle by David VonDrehle, and The Atlas of Middle-Earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad. Yes, I tend to find tragedies very interesting though sad to read about.

7. Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys? Which book in your favorite set is your favorite? That's hard, because I enjoy both of them, despite their predictability. What a word! Ummm...I think Hardy Boys at the moment. The Disappearing Floor. It's exciting. :)



8. Narnia or Harry Potter? Name your favorite from the series you like best. Narnia all the way. Though I know a few people who enjoy HP, I haven't read any of the books or seen the movies. But I must say that they really don't appeal to me. Now Narnia, I love it! I'm a huge fan. My favorite is The Silver Chair, but The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a close second.

9. A cookbook or how-to-sew book? Cookbook. I love reading cookbooks, specifically ones from Taste of Home. The Baking Book is my favorite.



10. Historical fiction or fantasy? Name three books you like from the genre you chose. Why did I make these questions so hard? I love both of those. Today I'm in the mood for historical fiction. I enjoyed Jewel of Persia by Roseanna M. White, Coronation of Glory by Deborah Meroff, and Hood by Stephen Lawhead. Those are, respectively, about Esther (from the Bible), Lady Jane Grey (from King Henry VIII's time), and Robin Hood.



I think I'm going to split these questions up into at least three posts. And this is the end of the first one! Remember, I've reviewed most of the books I mention here! Not all, but many. So if they wet your curiosity, by all means, look them up! By author might be easiest, or ask me for other particulars. Or I could just find the post for you. :)

8 comments:

Jujube said...

I loved reading your answers! I chose the same three series as you did, except for Love Comes Softly since I haven't read that yet.

Here's my first post: http://beautifulblankpages.blogspot.com/2011/08/ultimate-book-bash-tag-part-1-they-that.html. I'm still having a hard time answering some of the other questions, but it's so much fun!

Charity U said...

Awesome, Jemimah! I read and enjoyed your answers thus far. Ugh, they are hard aren't they?

Melody said...

Head in the Clouds??? hahaha! I was just reading that recently! I saw it at the library and randomly picked it up...and then in the first chapter there was a mention of Jane Austen and I was like 'Hmm! I'll probably like this book.". ;-) Well, Mr. Darcy, that is. And then later Emma (the book). Even if the book in general actually focuses on Jane Eyre...

Anyways, I didn't quite get halfway through it (yet). I've gotten distracted by a couple other books. But is there anything inappropriate (or bordering on inappropriate)? I read the part with the bad shearer person and I thought that was sort of edgy... so I wasn't sure what else the book would have.

My mom & oldest sister love Grace Livingston Hill. I've never finished one of her books though. I probably will someday. :)

I might hopefully be answering those questions soon...he he...

Charity U said...

Looking forward to your answers, Melody! Always fun to see other people's favorites. :)

Yes, isn't it fun that Head in the Clouds talks about JA and JEyre? :) To the best of my memory, I too thought the description in that scene was a bit much. However, I'm quite sure that that's the most in the book. If I remember anything else, I'll let you know.

Carissa said...

Charity,
here is my post for the book bash, I don't know how to add a link
http://belovedgraceful.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-bash-august-22-26-at.html

Carissa

Mel said...

I enjoyed reading your answers to these questions! And I agree they really are so hard to answer :)
I love the 'Love Comes Softly' series too! And Now I really want to read 'Head in the Clouds', I have only just discovered Karen Witemeyer and I am really liking her books (I am reading 'A Tailor-made Bride' at the moment and I love it!).
I can't wait to see the rest of your answers :)

Mel

Charity U said...

Mel,

"Head in the Clouds" is a very fun book! It was my first by Witemeyer, and I'm really hoping to read the others someday. :) The cover of "Tailor-Made Bride" is so pretty!

More answers coming soon. :)

Charity U said...

Carissa,

I enjoyed reading your answers! Thanks so much for participating! I would leave a comment on your blog, but my computer won't usually let me with that kind of comment box, so I'm leaving my comment here instead and hoping you get it. :)

I am hoping to read some books by Mary Connealy soon. :) I'm glad to see you love them!

Little House is a wonderful series. :)

I'm so glad you love Jane Austen too! Her writing is amazing!

We had the Tim Tebow book home from the library not long ago, but I didn't have time to read it. :) But it's on my to-reads!

You're statement about P&P is so true, in question 15.

I too love the March sisters!

I think I've heard of "She Said Yes" but I can't remember where.

I didn't know Fireproof was a book...

I don't usually read best-seller books either. :)

I just ran across Regina Jennings today...she's a first time author, right? It's an awesome book cover. :)

Okay, I won't hate you for saying that about LotR. I didn't think the movies were better than the book, but they were good.

Awesome answers! Thanks so much for participating!