Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eragon



Author: Christopher Paolini
Genre: Fantasy, adventure
Series: The Inheritance
Number in series: 1st
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 509
Time period: Fantasy
Main characters: Saphira, Eragon, Brom, and many others!
Exciting events: This book is an adventure too. :)
My overall opinion: I enjoyed it a lot! It was better than I expected it to be, though some parts could have been better. In other words, some parts sounded like a 15-year old boy wrote them. Which he did, but that's beside the point. Overall, a great read and I recommend it!

6 comments:

Jujube said...

You posted the Eragon review! I'd glad you like it. You should read the sequels, too.

Charity U said...

I have "Eldest" home now to read next! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE this book! So glad you liked it, too! :) Best book I've ever read by a teen author.

Charity U said...

Jane, I'm working on the next book and enjoying it! It's amazing that one so young can write SO much! "Eldest" is what, 600 pages? Wow. :) I usually consider myself to know quite a few words, but phew, he uses a fair number that I'm not familiar with, which many adult authors don't do! And they're English words too. :)

Ms. Anna Law said...

Well, since you like it, I guess I'll have to get my copy of Eragon higher up my stack of books to read. ;)

Charity U said...

Alyianna, for sure! I think plenty of LOTR and Narnia fans would enjoy this series, though it's quite different from them.